As reliance on technology expands exponentially, the demand for reliable, available and robust networks will only increase.
Visionstream is a key delivery partner on one of the largest infrastructure roll outs across Australia through the National Broadband Network (nbn), playing a vital role in the delivery of this essential infrastructure, providing the large scale expertise and experience on this complex project.
Our unparalleled expertise
The National Broadband Network (nbn) is an initiative by the Australian Federal Government to provide high-speed broadband access to 100 per cent of Australian homes and businesses through a combination of fibre, fixed wireless and satellite technologies.
Visionstream’s ability to deliver consistency in quality, delivery, procedures at a large scale, while managing high volume and varied geographies, sets us apart as the operator of choice in this nation building project.
We have the expertise and flexibility to customise to suit the client, and have developed tools and applications in house to track and monitor progress and capture in real time how we’re working, quantities and delivery innovation across a large scale, varied project landscape.
Visionstream is one of the rare businesses that have the expertise, ability and capacity to work end to end on such a large scale project. Through the nbn program of works, we’re undertaking initial design, to works inside exchanges, linking to the backbone network from the street to the home, interfacing right through all of the critical parts of the network development.
Rolling out the National Broadband Network
Visionstream’s involvement of the Australia’s National Broadband Network, includes:
- The Transit Network: installation and commissioning of exchange equipment forming the core infrastructure to connect fibre access nodes across Australia.
- Multi technology solutions including fibre to the node and fibre to the premises connections across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania.
- New developments: design and installation of fibre optic cable for new development estates across Victoria and Queensland.
- Network Moves, Adds and Changes and Restoration Activities
- Fibre links - building the essential links between exchanges across Australia.
- Field Services Delivery – connecting homes to the network
- Construction of the entire Tasmanian network including design, construct and maintenance: to bring high-speed, fibre optic broadband to Tasmania.
A trusted partner
Visionstream works with all technology vendors and is proud to be independent and able to recommend the best available solution for specific customer needs.
Visionstream’s carrier and ISP expertise covers all methods and components of construction including; key design, installation and commissioning, project management, as well as operations and maintenance, and upgrades and expansions for, fibre networks, fixed access networks, facility works, mobile and radio.
With more than 20 years experience in the networks market, an award winning safety record and expertly skilled team, Visionstream brings together a diverse range of technologies and data from multiple sources without compromising integrity and reliability, to deliver whole-of-life solutions.
Having built some of the largest fibre optic and mobile networks in Australia and New Zealand and having maintained both new and existing network access across the region, Visionstream has the experience and expertise to deliver comprehensive large scale multi technology solutions.
- As part of the Transit network project, the construction of 149 transit links connecting 168 fibre access nodes, of which 30 are also points of interconnect. This enables nbn’s central hub to be connected to the modern equivalent of telephone exchanges.
- Over 415,500 FSAMs (Fibre Serving Area Module) built – servicing typically between 2000 — 3000 premises each.
- Over 5,000 new development projects delivered nationally
- Connecting over 7,000 homes a month to the nbn network.
We partner with you to deliver value and drive network efficiency, providing end-to-end solutions from design to build, integration and ongoing maintenance of the asset.